Wednesday 11 January 2012

Birdsong



Image courtesy of BAFTA

It's been a while, but this evening my good friend Kat and I popped along to the Princess Anne Theatre at BAFTA to watch a screening of Birdsong, part 1, the BBC One adaptation of the novel written by Sebastian Faulks. I haven't read the book since I studied it in College (don't I feel old now), but it was extremely interesting to watch it play out on screen all these years later. 

This was followed by a Q&A with director Philip Martin, actress Clemence Poesy (as pictured above), actor Joseph Mawle, and writer Abi Morgan (The Hour, The Iron Lady, Shame) - is there ANYTHING this woman can't do? If part 1 doesn't have you in tears (which it did me), apparently part 2 will have you in floods. It is absolutely beautiful.

See trailer below: